Adsense

Wednesday 17 October 2012

A Second Chance in Life Through Faith

A Second Chance in Life Through Faith

This is the Life Experience Story of a man living in the Philippines who was struck down with a sudden illness that had a disatrous knock-on effect on his life and family’s future… until he found a sacred lifeline. Here is Roberto’s story…

Death Pointing Its Finger At Me

“You are suffering from a very serious kidney failure; you will need a transplant or submit to dialysis treatment.”
On May 10, 2010, the day my doctor said these words, my life suddenly took a terrible turn.
My bosses pitilessly fired me when I told them of my condition, so also our family’s income suddenly ceased to exist. I returned home to tell my wife what had happened. She listened silently, but when I told her about how I had lost my job, her face darkened and the mood in the house quickly changed. “If you have no job, we’ll starve to death!” she shouted, accusing me for the loss. The family atmosphere turned cold and it had become painful to be amongst them.
Of course, without a job, affording the expensive treatments was out of the question. I could not even pay for my children’s school tuition, forcing them to have to take a leave of absence.
How wretched and useless I felt in not only being unable to do something about my own body, but being unable to feed my family or send my children to school as well. I silently blamed myself, all the while suffering the pain of my ever-swelling kidney and taking the shower of accusation and blame from my family. At the time, I didn’t know what else I could do with my remaining time. Death stalked me constantly, and all I could do was wait despondently for my end.

I Want to Live to Serve the Lord

The man who brought warmth and light back into my life was Happy Science Minister Toshi (Toshihisa Sakakibara, Happy Science Philippines).
My older sister, who was an avid believer of Happy Science, spoke to Toshi about me; he immediately said, “Let me pray for him” and came to my home.
Arriving at my house, Toshi listened to my story of agony and pain after which he told me the following: “Robert, the Lord is almighty. Faith in the Lord has the power to heal any illness. Please pray to the Lord; pray not for yourself, but for the Lord, and pray for others. Stop blaming yourself and forgive yourself.”
He also must have sensed something about my family. He gathered my family members and in the strongest of terms, said the following:
“All of you. Do you really think it is okay for Roberto to die like this? If you love Roberto and want him to live, please stop blaming him. Please love him and pray to the Lord for him!”
Then, to my biggest surprise, my wife who was always angry began to sob out loud. She took my hand and said, “I am sorry! I have been blaming you all this time. But I really love you and want you to live.”
Then my children, whom I could not send to school and was making them go through hard times, gathered around me and said, “We’ll do anything to make papa get better again.”
Surrounded by my family, I could not speak because of the tears that would not stop, but I managed to choke out one solemn oath: “I want to live to serve the Lord.” A light had lit within my soul, filling my entire being with its heat and energy. On that day, the family became one again.

Abnormal Levels Suddenly Gone

From the very next day, all of my family members started to recite the “Prayer to the Lord” and “Prayer for Recovery from Illness.”
As for myself, I began reading the books of Master Ryuho Okawa and practiced “The Four Stage Meditation” every morning to reflect on and correct what tendencies I might have to attract illness. I also went to the Happy Science branch every Saturday to calm myself in front of the Gohonzon* and listened to Master Okawa’s sermons. Every time I visited the branch, Toshi welcomed me warmly and prayed that I be healed of my illness.
* A Gohonzon means: ‘That which is originally sacred or holy.’ It is an altar at Happy Science to connect with the Heavenly world and to Lord El Cantare.

These Teachings Can Create a True Utopia

Gradually, I stopped beating on myself, my worry about life or death was put aside and I started to be filled with an overwhelming and inexhaustible sense of happiness. I thought, “Every day is so peaceful and calm. It’s nothing like the days I used to have before I got ill.” There was nothing for me to fear any longer. Regardless of whether I was cured of my sickness or not, I knew I would continue worshiping the Lord.
It was when I reached the state of being able to think this way that a miracle came upon me.
I was back for examinations when the doctor, who one month earlier diagnosed me with severe kidney failure, said with astonishment: “I cannot believe this; the abnormality in your kidney is completely gone. I cannot understand what could have happened.”
Four weeks earlier, my kidney had been so swollen that I could feel it bulging from underneath the skin. Now, it was back to its normal size and there was no longer any abnormality whatsoever.
I too could not believe it at first, but I could think of the reason why this miracle had happened: the Lord had given me a second life. There was no mistake; I was made to live to prove the miracles of the Lord. I now know the mission I must fulfill with my new life. It is to widely communicate the miraculous teachings of El Cantare and to keep serving the Lord. With literally a brand new life, there is a new light in my heart.
“Faith truly has the power to solve every problem you encounter.”
[From Healing Yourself  |  Part III]
By Robert
“I am proud to spread these teachings. I am convinced that these teachings can make the Philippines and the world a true utopia without prejudice, discrimination, or war. This mission is my happiness!”
By Jan (21 years old), eldest son.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Menerima Kritik dan Saran Membangun
Anda Sopan Saya Segan
Salam Damai
Say No To Tawuran!!